Figuring out what career path you want to take is a daunting task, with so many sectors available to you, it may seem almost impossible to narrow down your options.
Firstly, making such a big decision requires you to be really honest with yourself about what you enjoy doing, the skills you possess and ultimately want you want to achieve from life.
For example, if you are a person who has a passion for the outdoors, an office based role may not be the best choice for you, even if the pay is good. You may find it beneficial to do some in depth research into career pathways for more active outdoors jobs. From there, you can then begin to figure out a way to forge a path to the career YOU REALLY WANT.
Things to consider when deciding what type of apprenticeship would suit you:
- What subject have you enjoyed studying the most at school?
- What types of apprenticeships have caught your eye so far and why?
- Which jobs done by friends or family have intrigued you, what was their path?
- What topics do you enjoy talking about with friends?
- If all jobs paid the same, what would you ideally do?
- Avoid yes/no thinking. When you last heard about an interesting job, did you swiftly find a reason not to do it? Explore your options thoroughly; the positives may outweigh the negatives.
If you are still struggling to figure out which job sector is right for you, try this useful questionnaire which will provide you with potential career sectors best suited to the information you have provided.
If you’re still stuck, don’t hesitate to give us a call on 03000 414005 or email us at email@example.com .
To find out more information about apprenticeships or apply for vacancies in your area, head over to the Apprentice Kent website by clicking here.